Monday, June 7, 2010

The next phase of the journey . . . .

It is with a mix of excitement, pride, anxiety, hope and fear that I report that as of June 21 I will be taking the position as the (first) Director of Enforcement in the Office of Consumer Information and Insurance Oversight in the Department of Health and Human Services. Quite a mouthful, I know. I will be responsible for enforcing the provisions of the health care reform law that impact the insurance companies. I'm expecting a ride every bit as wild as when I went to the CPUC during the energy crisis.

Probably needless to say, but I am extremely pleased and stunned that my move to DC has worked out as well and as quickly as it has. Come visit!

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Gary! I will come by for a visit soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! Trailblazing can be fun! In 25 years I have never followed in anyone's career footsteps. Your work is critically important to the nation, and a heady challenge, indeed.

    My most recent first has been challenging on an important but far smaller front. This summer I will be writing a HBS case study and/or HBR article whichever is accepted for publication. Double Whammy: First Foreign Female in the Korean Executive Suite.

    We'll all be watching and rooting for you. Dr. L. Myers

    ReplyDelete