Friday, September 17, 2010

It's been a while

It's been quite a while since I posted here last. The main reason is that there's very little that I can say about what I'm doing at work--we are busy drafting regulations, developing options for how we are going to enforce the Affordable Care Act, and none of it is public just yet. And I don't want to become one of those people you read about in the paper who had to resign because of impolitic comments in a blog.

I can say that the work environment is wonderful--everyone is smart, dedicated, motivated, excited to be doing this work, pleasant to work with, a team player, etc. etc. There is something about our mission and the fact that we are creating something new that so far has enabled us to keep our spirits high despite impossible deadlines, not enough people, many and conflicting demands on our time. The staff that I've put together for the Division of Enforcement has already been recognized for its superb work and work ethic. I am proud to be doing this job with them.

Meanwhile, Liz came out at the end of August, just in time for the weather to turn from the miserable heat and humidity we had for three months. We love the neighborhood and all the places we can walk to easily from our apartment. Liz has started blogging as well, you can follow her at liznichdc.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment