Friday, March 12, 2010

The Inside Scoop

I went to a briefing this morning give
by the Speaker's and Majority Leader's staffs on the plans for voting on health care reform next week. I won't repeat any specifics, check out the reports of Speaker Pelosi's press conference today. I can say that once again, I was impressed by the openness, collegiality and cooperation that prevails within the Democratic caucus.

I have also been very pleased by the response I've gotten from staff for other members and for committees when I've offered suggestions or assistance on bills (generally having to do with insurance issues). Everyone has been very welcoming and has offered to help me learn the ropes. What I need most, though, is a guide to keep me from getting lost. I walked through the tunnels between our building, the Capitol, and the other House office building a couple of times today, and I think I'm going to give one of those Peypes avalanche receivers to mt office so that if I disappear for more than a couple hours they can track me down.

Next week will be a big week for the Congress and the country--let's hope for the best

No comments:

Post a Comment