Tuesday, March 9, 2010

What a glorious day in Our Nation's Capitol

When I left here a couple of weeks ago, there was still snow everywhere, we were still diggng out from the record-breaking twin blizzards of mid-Feb. Today it's 60 degrees, the snow is gone, and visions of cherry blossoms are dancing in our heads. Along with the change in the weather there has been a change in my role: Congressman Garamendi has made me his Chief of Staff. I'm excited by the opportunity and grateful for the confidence he's placed in me, especially considering how little I know about how the Hill works. But then those of you who have worked with me before know that's never stopped me--or slowed me down, even. So I plan to dive right in.
The next few weeks should be crucial to whether the President's and the Congressional leadership's agenda will get through. Of course we've thought that before, more than once. But clearly time is running out before the mid-terms, and everyone expects (fears) that the Congress will look quite different come January. So it certainly feels as though now is the time for Democrats to pull together and do some big things. We wait with great anticipation.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! I know you will be a great Chief of Staff!

    ReplyDelete